Good Day All,
I hope everyone is having a great week! I’m sure with all of the storms we’ve had the past week or so, two words have come to mind. HURRICANE SEASON! It’s hard to believe, but hurricane season is upon us. Are you prepared for the 2018 hurricane season? Below are a few suggestions that may help you prepare!
- Cash – Make sure you have plenty of cash on you. Without electricity ATM’s will not work.
- Batteries- Go ahead and replace batteries in all of your flashlights. Purchase extra batteries for back up.
- Medications- Make sure prescriptions are up to date and you have at least a 7 day supply.
- Radio- Most use cell phones and tablets for their radio, but make sure you have a battery powered radio so you can keep up to date with storm pattern changes, news, etc.
- Food/Water- Go ahead and get a head start on a supply of non-perishable food items and plenty of water.
- Hygiene Items- Baby wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. Now is a good time to start collecting these items as well.
- Sand Bags- Marion County offers several sites to pick up sand bags. Place these at your doors, garage, etc. in case of flooding.
There are so many other things you need to do to prepare for a hurricane. For more information and safety tips please go to marion county fl weather emergency
As always if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do you help please contact us. Info@Search352Homes.com or (352) 577-9171