Good Day All,
I hope everyone is staying dry and safe from Hurricane Michael. Luckily, it doesn’t look like Marion County is in the path of the storm, but we’re definitely keeping everyone in the panhandle in our thoughts and prayers. I wanted to go over a few things you can do in the weeks ahead to prep your home for fall and the upcoming holidays! Most of your homes are used for entertaining this time of year and I thought these tips would be helpful.
- Fireplace – Make sure you have your fireplace inspected to ensure it is ready for use!
- HVAC Unit – Make sure your heating and cooling system is ready and good to go! In Florida you probably had this inspected in the spring for the summer season. It’s also a good idea to have it looked at going into winter season.
- Appliances – With holiday meals and baking you definitely want to make sure all of your kitchen appliances are in working order. The last thing you want to happen is have a burner or appliance go out right before the holidays. Also don’t forget about your washer and dryer! Holiday’s often bring extra house guest which means more laundry.
- Exterior – Fall leaves often bring gutters to full capacity. Clean out your gutters and while you’re outside check your roof and piping to ensure it is ready for the hard winters we have here in Florida.
- Your Own Audit- Walk around the interior and exterior of your home. You know your home better than anyone else. If you see something out of place or unusual, now is a good time to have it looked at.
As always if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help please contact us. Info@Search352Homes.com or (352) 577-9171