Happy October Everyone!
Who has noticed the cooler temperatures and the breeze throughout the afternoon? Fall is starting to make it’s way to Marion County which happens to be one of my favorite time of year! There are so many fall activities happening near Marion County in October and November! This is a great time to spend with friends and family! Below are a few of my favorite activities for you to also enjoy with your family!
- Coon Hollo Farm Fall Festival- Fall Family Fun on the Farm! Admission Includes: Interactive Corn Maze; Pasture Putt Putt; Hayride; Farm Train; Hay Fort; Corn Cribs/Buckin’ Barrels/Tire swing; Farmyard Obstacle Course; Corn-hole Board Games; Antique Farm Equipment; Agricultural Educational Displays; Fall Field Games (Saturdays only.) Also enjoy our Concessions, Farm Animal Exhibit and Old Country Store.
- Harvest Fest at West Marion Community Hospital- We are excited to announce Ocala Health’s first annual Harvest Fest that will be held on Saturday, October 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the field across from West Marion Community Hospital. This is a free, family-friendly event. Event activities include: Bouncy houses, Pumpkin patch and decorating (while supplies last), Potato sack races, Petting zoo and pony rides, Slides and train rides and Food trucks* (*food available for purchase)
- Blessed Trinity Fall Carnival- The 2018 Blessed Trinity Carnival will take place October 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st. It will feature rides, prizes, games, food, a great raffle and more! There is no charge for parking. Admission is free except after 6 pm on Saturday, Family Night, when there is a $5 entry fee unless guests have a ride wristband voucher or are families with children.
- The Pickin’ Patch- This is the best pumpkin patch around! Welcome to The Pickin’ Patch, Florida’s original pumpkin patch where you can cut the perfect pumpkin right off the vine! Bring your whole family and come enjoy the corn maze, hayride, kids hay fort and slides, kids hay maze and grab a wagon to go pick your pumpkins. You can also take your pick from a variety of unique pumpkins, gourds and of course pick a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers.
- McIntosh 1890’s Fall Festival- On October 20, 2018. This 1 day festival with over 280 arts, crafts and antiques vendors. Live oak canopies, and all day free entertainment for the family and kids. Food vendors and family fun!
I hope you take some of these recommendations and enjoy fall around Marion County!