Good Day All,
As most of you know last week the State of Florida took a direct hit from Hurricane Irma. Marion County was deeply impacted and more than we ever expected. Rountree Realty is very fortunate to be up and running as several offices and businesses are still without power and water and are still unable to open.
Rountree Realty is all about helping others in our community – it’s what we do best! It is a lot easier to get through difficult times when you have the support of others and that is why we’re here! If there is anything that we can do to help you please give us a call. I have a list of trusted vendors that would be able to help with roofing, electrical, tree removal, well/septic and more!
Below is also a few links to organizations that would also be able to help assist you.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers federal disaster assistance: To call, (800) 621-FEMA (3362); TTY (800) 462-7585; more info, www.fema.gov
- Federal Disaster Recovery Center (DRC): To find a center near you to go to for guidance, use the DRC Locator or text DRC and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362).
- American Red Cross: (800) HELP-NOW
- Salvation Army: (800) SAL-ARMY
- Florida’s free Insurance Consumer Helpline for insurance questions about policies: (877) 693-5236
- Florida Chief Financial Officer’s webpage to assist consumers with filing claims
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Program offers assistance to businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted due to Irma. More info or to file for DUA or call 1-800-385-3920
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Call Center: (800) 621-3362(option 2); email, complete a “Request for Support” form and send to
- A legal aid hotline is now available for Hurricane Irma survivors in Florida who cannot pay for an attorney: 1 (866) 550-2929
I hope all of you and your families are safe from the storm. Again, if there is anything we can do to help you, please give me a call at (352) 572-1739.